In Sweden, 800,000 women aged 18-30 are entitled to vote in the 2018 elections. In the #800K - Politics pod, Johanna Nordström and Irena Pozar raise their concerns by mixing humour and seriousness, while they talk about their own experiences as young women.
mySafety Insurance is stepping in as the sponsor of the #800K - Politics pod. It is the first time that the insurance company, which offers Sweden's only insurance against hate content on the internet, sponsors a pod.
– We have long been looking for a pod that is passionate about the same issues as we are and that is what we have found in Johanna's and Irena's pod #800K. Unfortunately, they both know what it is like to be exposed to the kind of threats, hate and harassment on a daily basis that we work to protect people against on a daily basis. And also, many of the listeners are affected. For us it is only natural to sponsor a pod that deals with such important issues, and it is particularly interesting with the link to politics and the elections, since the issues often are linked to democratic principles, says PA Prabert, Communications Manager at mySafety Insurance.
#800K is published by VeckoRevyn, where Irena Pozar and Johanna Nordström work as editor-in-chief and video editor. Irena Pozar, who herself has been subjected to serious online violations and has sued the state for shortcomings in the protection against haters on the internet, has previously made it clear that the unambiguous hate content on the internet must be fought.
– It makes perfect sense that mySafety Insurance comes in as sponsors of 800K. They pursue issues that we at VeckoRevyn are passionate about and we are so excited to be able to raise the issue with them of, for example, hate content on the internet and how to get help as a victim, says Irena Pozar.
Listeners of the pod are also offered to try mySafety Insurance's insurance against hate content on the internet free of charge for three months. After the trial period, the insurance will automatically be terminated.
Here you can take advantage of the offer: www.mysafety.se/800K
Here you can listen to the #800K – Politics pod: www.acast.com/800kpolitikpodden
HERE IS HOW THE INSURANCE AGAINST HATE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET WORKS:
Helps the victims of different kinds of online violations:
- Defamation and threats
- Harassment and sexual harassment
- Dissemination of images and films whose publication constitutes a criminal offence
- Hijacking where someone improperly uses a name or image that causes you to be incorrectly associated as an owner of a digital account/profile.
- Their own contact person who examines the extent of the violation and the necessary measures that must be taken.
- Counselling 24 hours a day, where the victim may choose to talk to someone who has been through similar situations or a therapist, social worker, sociologist or behaviourist. All contact persons are quality-assured and trained in the counselling approach, MI (motivational interviewing). Conversations are never recorded and completely anonymous.
- Lawyers specialising in civil law are available to assist with legal aid, advice and consultation.
- Mapping where the spread of the violation is investigated to collect evidence that may be required in dealings with the police or court.
- Clean-up where the company that owns the servers, etc. where the violations are located, are contacted to clear content and regain control of any hijacked accounts and profiles.
- Legal protection of SEK 1 million covers any legal costs and allows you to pursue the case in court.